Excellence, Community, Sportsmanship & Acceptance
The Emerald City Softball Association (ECSA) is an established softball league in Seattle, Washington and has been operating as such for over 30 years. Bud Light has been a long time sponsor of ECSA. We also have added (2) new sponsors in 2012 Absolut and Sterling Athletics - we thank them all for their support and partnership.
ECSA not only stands for Emerald City Softball Association but is an acronym that represents aspects of what our league embraces: Excellence, Community, Sportsmanship & Acceptance. Our focus is to provide a softball league that includes GLBT and non GLBT members and creates a unique community of excellence, sportsmanship & acceptance for playing softball. Membership in ECSA is open to anyone 18 years of age or older.
The league has (4) different Divisions (A, B, C & D). These Divisions include a place for everyone from advanced players to someone who has never played softball before. The Division that a player is allowed to play in is determined by use of a player rating system established by the North American Gay Amateur Athletic Alliance (NAGAAA). The Emerald City Softball Association is a member of NAGAAA. The ECSA season generally starts in April and runs into June or July of each year. We also have a Fall Ball Season that starts in September and goes into October.
Be our A/B Division commissioner
The ECSA board is looking to fill its recently vacated Assistant Commissioner, A/B Division, position. Letters of intent are due on March 9 to email@example.com.
The A/B commissioner shall:
• Oversee all activities of the A/B Division teams in the Emerald City Softball Association
• Participate and vote on all player rating changes and reviews for players in the A/B Division as well of any players in the C or D Division whose proposed rating change would require them to play in the A/B Divisions
• Manage all aspects of C Select teams including selection of players, assigning coaches, practices, communications and ensuring full teams are available to play when scheduled
• Open and close fields when designated to do so
• Communicate to all A/B Division coaches and managers on all ECSA matters
• Have been an ECSA member for at least (3) years and experience as an ECSA members in the B Division for at least (2) years
• Assist with the Emerald City Classic as needed
• Perform any other duties delegated from the Commissioner or Executive Board
The board also would like to recognize and thank Floyd Lovelady for his time in this role.
Where and when we play
The 2014 ECSA season begins April 6 and runs until June 21. All games are on Sundays, except for June 21 games and rainout makeups. The full schedule will be available by mid-March.
- North SeaTac Park (map), S. 128th St. and 20th Ave. S., SeaTac, Wash.
- Moshier Park (map), 430 S. 156th Place, Burien, Wash.
- Celebration Park (map), 1095 S. 324th Place, Federal Way, Wash. (June 21 games only)
Directions from North SeaTac to Moshier (map): Left on S. 128th St., left on Des Moines Memorial Hwy., right on S. 156th St., right on Fourth Ave. S. into park. About 2.3 miles. Reverse directions for Moshier to NST.
RAINOUTS: Makeup dates for rained-out Sunday games are the following Saturdays; rainout date for Saturday, June 21, games is June 22.
Important dates for the 2014 season
Sunday, March 9: Applications due for Assistant Commissioner, A/B Division, position. Please send letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. For a description of the role and qualifications, please see Page 22 of the ECSA bylaws (PDF) or the Feb. 18 Newsflash (PDF).
Saturday, March 15: Last day to take advantage of reduced rate ($290) for Emerald City Classic tournament over Fourth of July weekend in Seattle.
Sunday, March 30: Season-kickoff party, 3 to 6 p.m., World Sports Grille, 731 Westlake Ave. N., Seattle (map).
Monday, March 31: Team-rep meeting, 7 p.m., R Place (third floor), 619 E. Pine St. (map). All player fees ($100/player, one check per team) and signed rosters due.
Sunday, April 13: Week Two party after the week's games at Purr, 1518 11th Ave., Seattle (map).
Sunday, June 1: Last day to register at $400 rate for Emerald City Classic, if team spots are still available. Rate increasing to $450 through June 15 registration deadline if tournament is not yet full. More information here.
Monday, Sept. 22, to Saturday, Sept. 27: 2014 NAGAAA Gay Softball World Series in Dallas. For more information, check out the Dallas World Series Facebook page.